The National Express Transit (MBTA "The Ride" service) is always seeking experienced and professional staff. All positions require a pre-employment drug test and CORI background check. We operate seven days a week, 365 days a year; so many positions require working on the weekends.
For information on current employment opportunities with the National Express Transit, please contact our Human Resources Department at: 617-979-6770.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
National Express Transit- the RIDE provides door-to-door, shared-ride transportation services for eligible people who cannot use fixed-route transit because of a physical, cognitive or mental disability throughout Boston and the South Shore.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Paid Training
- 80% Company Paid Medical/Dental/Vision (Blue Cross & Blue Shield)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance & Short Term Disability
- Pension Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (80 Hours paid Vacation/56 Hours paid Sick Time)
All positions require:
- Ability to pass a CORI Check (10 years)
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
- Skills Testing
- DOT Physical/Lift Test (For all driving related positions)
|Job Description: ASE Certified Fleet Mechanic|
ASE Certified Fleet Mechanic in Hyde Park, MA
ASE Certified Fleet Mechanic Position in Hyde Park, MA
National Express Transit Corporation is recruiting to fill a ASE Certified Fleet Mechanics Position to begin immediately in Hyde Park, MA. Automotive Fleet Technicians are a part of one of the most important teams at our location!
As a mid-level Automotive Technician (Automotive Mechanic) you will quickly and efficiently perform routine maintenance and identify the cause of breakdowns and repair them using the most optimal solutions. Automotive Technicians in a our company can expect a clean and safe environment to work in. Technicians will work on Ford sedans and wheelchair vans
Ideal Candidates for Experienced Auto Technicians must have:
- Solid automotive and repairexperience- brakes, steering, suspension, engine maintenance, diagnostic.
- Own tool box
- Ability to repair vehicles independently, while also being able to work in a team environment
- Electrical and AC knowledge
- Solid understanding and adherence to safety and environmental standards
- Valid Driver's License
- ASE Certifications (Only 1 ASE required preferably 8+ certifications or Master Technician)
- Dependable Transportation
- Verifiable Work History
Job Requirements -Automotive Service Technician - Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic / Full Time
As a full time Automotive Service Technician, you must have strong mechanical skills, solid organizational skills, and a high degree of attention to detail. It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a firm commitment to good work ethics.
We are open to all levels of technicians from experience to fresh out of technical school. You will need to have the required state certifications, or working towards them.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Technical Degree a plus)
- 2+ years of experience as an automotive technician
- ASE Certified
- Computer literate with experience using systems such as the Windows
- Experience with Dossier preferred
- 40 Hour work week
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
National Express Transit Corporation offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and a business casual environment. Pre-employment drug screen required.
National Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
TRANSIT DRIVER (VAN/SEDAN)
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Safely transporting passengers to and from pre-arranged destinations utilizing a radio-equipped paratransit vehicle.
- Proper utilization of electro-mechanic wheelchair lifts as needed (Training Provided)
- Escorting passengers to and from the vehicle, while providing necessary assistance.
- Communicating effectively with the Dispatch & Safety Teams to ensure procedures are followed and problems are corrected
- Must be committed to providing outstanding customer service to our passengers and their guests
- Handle difficult situations in a calm and effective manner
- Show a demonstrated record of safe operation of a motor vehicle
- Be able to effectively communicate in English- both Written and Verbally
- Be able to effectively follow written and verbal instructions
- Hold general knowledge of Massachusetts traffic codes and rules
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Have held a US Driver's License for the past 5 years
- Have held a Massachusetts Driver's License for the past 5 years
- Have had no moving violations within the past year
- Have had no surchargeable accidents within the past 4 years.
- Pay is based on vechicle:
- Van- $15.75
- Sedan- $13.75
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THE DRIVER POSITION